You know taking care of your teeth is important, so you visit your dentist as instructed and clean your teeth. But is there more you can do? As it turns out, drinking a cavity-busting soda pop every now and then can help, too.
Cavity-Busting Secrets In Your Licorice Drink
The recipe will need a little baking soda. Baking soda will help give your drink a little fizz and help make your mouth uninhabitable to cavity-causing bacteria. Harmful bacteria flourish in environments with a low pH value. But baking soda will rebalance the pH balance in your mouth, protecting you from a bacterial infestation. Make sure you purchase the unaltered baking soda from your local health food store or online.
Be sure to purchase alkaline water from your local health food store, too. This is to intensify the pH balancing power of this drink.
The recipe will also call for unaltered and natural licorice root. Research has shown that some of the active ingredients--licoricidin and licorisoflavan A--are effective cavity-busting compounds. These ingredients keep your teeth safe by disrupting the reproductive abilities of the bacteria in your mouth.
The last ingredient you should pay attention to is honey. Honey contains enzymes that prevent bacteria from reproducing. Yet, honey is also highly osmotic. The osmotic nature of honey will dehydrate the oral pathogens in your mouth to death. Remember to purchase raw honey to get all these benefits. You can buy raw honey at your local bee farm, health food store, or online.
These ingredients are meant to prevent oral ailments, and do not replace your dentist's advice. Talk to a clinic like Aurora Dental Clinic if you are experiencing any pain, as it could be related to a cavity or infection, which can lead to tooth loss.
Cavity-Busting Sweet Licorice Root Drink
You will need the following ingredients:
- 15 ml of crushed licorice root
- 5 ml of baking soda
- 2 quarts of alkaline water
- Raw honey (at your disposal)
- Mix the crushed licorice root and the baking soda in a fabric gauze. Close the gauze, and place it in a big bowl.
- Add water to the bowl. Cover the bowl with foil or a plate.
- Let the bowl sit in room temperature, and soak the mixture overnight.
- Remove the fabric, and add the licorice-infused water to a juice pitcher.
- Add some raw honey to your licorice-infused water. Try it, and adjust until you are happy.
- Serve the drink at room temperature or cold.
That is how easy it is to make this delicious cavity-busting drink.